Today, was fast and testimony meeting and it was one of God's tender mercies First, was a testimony that hit home. He talked about how sometimes we are so in the moment we loose sight of what is really important. I know that I do this all the time. I loose track of what I should be doing for what is in the moment. Then as I was sitting there I had another thought, "I need to be who I want to be." Then my thoughts went to I need to live up to my Patriarchal blessing.
In Sunday School the lesson was on Jonah. The song we sang was hymn #270 I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go. What really jumped out to me on this was the last line in the third verse before the chorus "I'll be what you want me to be." Then we proceed to learn about Jonah and how he was swallowed by the whale. One of the versus that stood out during the lesson was Jonah 2:5. "The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head." I believe the reason the scripture jumped out to me is that feeling of despair when you look away from God. I got the sense when I read this that no one wants to have that kind of pain where is was overwhelming and reaches to the soul.
So here are my thoughts about what I have learned today. I was being told what I need to do. I feel that today my prayers were answered. I need to be who he wants me to be and the best guide I have is my patriarchal blessing and I need to follow it. I also need to continue to pray and search for who he wants me to be. Like Jonah I need to follow the promptings of the spirit and now try and hide away. I need to not let things of the moment take away from what is important.
Isn't it crazy how an entire Sunday can feel like it was totally directed to you? It really shows you the Heavenly Father knows what you need and he does hear you!
ReplyDelete