I think March may be one of my favorite times of year for the following reasons.
March Madness - I love that college basketball is everywhere. First the championships for each conference. Second, selection Sunday where you get to see the seeding of your favorite teams. Third, filling out your bracket. Fourth, following basketball at work for two days. Fifth, upsets. Sixth, buzzer beaters. Finally, watching your team win (GO BYU!)
The Smell of Spring - The other morning I went outside and spring was in the air. It was the first time this year that I could smell it. I can't describe it but I love the smell. It didn't last because it snowed soon after but spring brings hope.
Easter - I know Easter is in April but the candy comes out in March. It is the one time of the year that I buy tons of candy. The other day I went to the store for groceries and ended up buying $13 of candy. Mini Cadbury eggs, Cadbury Carmel eggs, and Sweetart chicks and ducks. Whoops.
Spring Training - Baseball season is almost upon us. Enough said.
Jimmermania - I know this doesn't happen every spring but it should. He is awesome. I love to watch him play whether it is the long 3, driving to the basket, or the 9 foot jumper. He is the best scorer in the world. The other thing I like about him is how people describe him and humble, unselfish, and a hard worker. It basketball today that is hard to find. As my dad says they are all thugs. So thank you Jimmer Fredette for being someone that people can look up to.
P.S. His brother T.J. is hot.
what a great march post! i also cannot wait for spring and of course, opening day. we have tickets for the nationals opening day vs the braves.
ReplyDeleteDad says they are all thugs? He generally says that everyone is gay, so this is a new saying for the Vaughner...
ReplyDeletedear, sweet Lauren, we still have not enjoyed a game together and we MUST!! LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete