Thursday, April 22, 2010

Love of My Life

So I just have to blog about the real love of my life....the New York Yankees. 

New York Yankees let me count the ways I love you:
  1. 27 World Championships
  2. Derek Jeter is amazing and has these plays that can't be described.
  3. Marion Rivera - Mo - Best closer EVER!
  4. Paul O'Neil was my favorite til he retired.  I just knew that when he was up to bat and we needed something to happen he would come through.
  5. The greats are Yankees.  Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Thurman Munson, Yogi Berra, Reggie Jackson and I could go on and on.
  6. C.C. Sabathia is on fire this season.
  7. Mark Texiera - enough said.
  8. Robinson Cano - his bat this season is looking really good.  Also, his defense has improved.
  9. Jorge Posada - Just a class act.
  10. Andy Pettite - Great pitcher.  He is great in closing out series and pitching in big games.
  11. A.J. Burnett - Great in the 1-2-3 punch of Sabathia, Burnett, and Pettite. 
  12. No other team has won a World Series with only a 3 man rotation.
  13. The history of the team. 
  14. The rivalry with the Red Sox.  It makes the game that much better. 
  15. Up and coming pitchers.  Hughes, Chamerlain, and Robertson are all looking good.  Can't wait to see what the future brings.
  16. The feel of watching a baseball game in the summer.  I know this has nothing to do with the Yankees but still a reason why I love them.
  17. The Steinbrenner family.  Most would consider this a weakness.  I don't.  They spend to get a winning team.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
  18. My dad instilled the love of the Yankees.  I hope to pass it down from generation to generation.  Well, if I ever get married.
  19. Most everyone hates the Yankees.  Got to love it.
  20. They make me feel happy. 
So I could go on and on with stats but I think 20 reasons is good. 

1 comment:

  1. You should come over....it would be interesting. My husband is a die hard Mets fan. I personally love the Red Sox. Could make baseball interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete