Saturday, August 28, 2010

Have to do something new.....

So I have been analyzing my life and have figured out that I need to change how I am living.  Currently, I am feeling very lost and that life is passing me by and I am letting it.  The two things I have realized is that I am lost and have no passion for anything.

To start with being lost I find that I don't know myself anymore.  I remember a time when I enjoyed being with myself and enjoyed my own thoughts.  My senior year of high school one teacher wrote a little thing about each member of our class.  I remember she said that I was my own best friend and knew the importance of loving myself.  I have lost that.  I think it is because over the course of time I have let school, work, and other things get in the way of remembering who I am.

The other reason I think I am lost is that I have let my spiritual side go.  I have not been diligent in church attendance, prayer, scripture study, and attending the temple.  It has been an on and off process.  It is not that I don't want to go to church and follow the commandments I just get complacent.  It is not that I don't believe.

Next, is passion in life.  I have none.  When I mentioned this to my family they mentioned my love of baseball.  I am sad to announce I have not watched a Yankees game this season and I don't really follow.  The only reason I know what is kind of going on is my boss who is a Red Sox fan and my brother.

I don't enjoy doing anything anymore.  Nothing really sounds exciting or fun to do anymore.  I usually spend my time watching TV or even reading.  Even this is done to pass the time.

Reading this I bet it sounds like my life is awful but there is a silver lining.  I have decided to go on a quest to find myself and find passion for life.    What brought this about was seeing Eat Pray Love and reading an email a friend received from her sister.  First the movie was boring but I realized that I didn't want my life to pass and me to be a robot who just passes the time.  I wanted to live and find excitement.  I wanted to say I tried things and found not only who I am but a passion for life.  In my friends email her sister states that growing is not always an easy process and you can't give up.  I feel like I have given up.  I don't want to give up.  I want to grow and be the person I want to be.  My favorite thing she said is "don’t wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect."  I need to do this and find happiness in the moment.  I need to not let the moments pass.

So hear is my plan.  I am going to make a list and try new things out.  I have no idea what this will bring.  I will fail at many things, find I am okay at others, and just find joy.  I also am not going to wait around for others to do things.  If I want to go to Bear Lake I am going to go.  If I want to go to a baseball game I am going to go.  I am really excited about what life might bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment