So as I was finishing up my last blog I thought I would share this story.
The Tuesday after Christmas it was snowing really bad. It was the really wet slushy kind. I had drive down to my parents. My dad was at work and the driveway really needed cleared. I volunteered. Someone really should talk me through these decisions before I make them.
I don't own boots or shoes that aren't slip ons so I pulled on my mom's boots (with no socks) that were a couple sizes too big. Then I put on my grandma's old yellow fleece and the little gloves that don't really do anything if they get wet.
I then trudge out to the garage to turn on the snow blower. Yeah, not smarter than the snow blower. I called my dad who was at work and he walks me through how to start it. Why don't they make those like cars with a key. It took a little bit but finally, after filling up the gas, it stays running. Now it is time to get to work.
I don't know how to describe this process. At first I am thinking this is great and even fun. That lasts until I have to back up the snow blower. I didn't know it has a reverse option so I was pulling backwards. I know I looked like an idiot. I kept trudging along as my mom's boots were leaking water and my gloves were wet. Then my favorite part happened. I fell. Shocker I know. I was trying to push it up the driveway and struggling and my feet decided to go the opposite direction. Smack. I hit the slushy pavement hard. I still have a bruise today and was not able to kneel for a long time. I wanted to quit but I still had half a driveway to complete. So I hurried up and finished.
So as I was walking in my mom opens the door and the first thing I say is "I only fell once." I think that was an accomplishment. Then I looked in the mirror. This is what I looked like. Guess I should have worn a better coat and a hat.

Ha! So funny, I love the visuals.
ReplyDeleteOh sad! Good effort, though! :)
ReplyDelete