Thursday, January 27, 2011

I HATE Chicken!

I have decided that I hate chicken and I am leaning that way with turkey. 

Here is why.  For the last week I have been trying to change my diet and eating habits based on a book I got for Christmas.  I have been so good.  For 2 weeks I was eating more veggies and chicken.  Yesterday, I blew it.  I had given blood and felt like I needed something real to eat.  Lettuce and chicken were not going to cut it.  Then I visited Nicole in the hospital and brought Kenyan dinner.  I order a turkey dinner to go along with his because he could not decide between 2 things.  Mashed potatoes are yummy.  I have missed good tasting food.

Today for lunch I couldn't go back to veggies and chicken.  I couldn't bring myself to be excited for healthy food.  I wanted cheese, bread, and soup.  Not good when you are trying to lose 100 lbs.  So here is my dilemma.  I love food and I love eating good tasting food.  How do I diet and eat well in order to lose weight if what I really want is the fatty foods of times past? 

It is a constant battle between the fat and skinny girl in me.  Some days suppressing the fat girl is really really hard.  So to the people who say to lose weight you have to eat right and work out how do you overcome the two personalities within.  Skinny girl loves the feel of losing weight, loose clothes, and the feeling of not being really full.  Fat girl loves the taste of chewing a cheeseburger with fries, the feeling that you have stuffed yourself with the foods you love or are craving, and in a way thinking I am already fat what will this food matter.  The flip side is each girl hates some of the things the other loves. 

Food is a constant battle.  Should I eat this, Should I not.  Some days I am strong and some times I want to say who gives a damn.  What I can't get across is that the Lauren that is neither fat girl or skinny girl does give a damn.

2 comments:

  1. you're trying to lose 100 pounds? that's an awesome goal, i know you will do well. let me know if you want any help. i'm no expert but i majored in exercise science. -jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate chicken, too.

    I've found that you still have to be able to eat things that you like in order for any sort of dieting to work. Have you tried Weight Watchers at all? It works pretty well because you can eat things you still love and just adjust other things you eat during the day.

    I think you're wonderful! Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete